Volunteers at School (VAS), a student-centered Comenius multilateral project, is a learning experience designed to promote volunteer work among secondary school students, aimed at raising their awareness and involvement in environmental and social areas according to their interests and needs in a multicultural European partnership which favours their communication in foreign languages, enhances their training in ITC tools and promotes collaborative work.
An active, collaborative, flexible and non competitive approach encourages students to design, carry out and assess hands-on activities, posters, surveys and reports, collected later in a booklet designed as an action guide.
- Profesionala Gimnazia po Elektroteknika i Elektronika Konstantin Fotinov (Bulgaria)
- Lykeio Kokkinochorion Fotti Pitta (Cyprus)
- Ist International School of Ostrava (Czech republic)
- 7º Geniko Lykeio Larissas (Greece)
- Pascal College (Netherlands)
- Convitto Nazionale Vittorio Emanuelle II (Italy)
- Moletu Rajono Alantos Vindurine Mokykla (Lithuania)
- Escola Secundaria de Tomas Cabreira (Portugal)
- IES Alfonso II (Spain) (project coordinator)
- learning to learn, that’s getting the tools to understand
- learning to do, which is the way individuals can influence their environment
- learning to live together, instrumental for participating and cooperating with the others in all kinds of human activities
- learning to be, a fundamental process which gathers elements from the others.